How Mapyx Quo Helps Hikers
Professional Digital Mapping really is a must for hikers wanting to get the most out of their time and experiences.
- Finding and deciding on the right hiking destination.
- Selecting the best track to get you there, both based on what you would like to see and also based on your fitness level, available time, track difficulty and more
- Easily finding your way by car to the starting point for your hike
- Finding the best sights, resting places and even restaurants on the hike
- Avoiding any dangers on the way, including uncrossable areas
- Recording your experiences (comments, notes, warnings, videos, photos, sound recordings etc.) after the trip to share with others or to make your own future trips more exciting and fun
Mapyx Quo, the leading GB Digital Mapping provider, makes all of this and more a breeze. Get rid of your old paper maps and replace them with dynamic Digital Mapping that ads your own thoughts, routes and experiences to your maps.
And the best part - Mapyx Quo is 100% free! No hidden charges. No 30-day trials. Completely free.
Route performance, 3D views, GPS compatibility, personalising your maps and much more... all this available in Quo - Free of charge.
Top Track & Destination Recommendations and Routes Available Directly in Quo
Get access to more than 10.000 routes from the most popular UK outdoors websites directly from within Quo.
Why bother and search the Web for useful trip ideas and important information on your trip plans? Quo has a one-click connection to 10.000+ top tracks, routes and destinations to help you decide, as well as to double check your plotted route for any dangers, path changes, accommodations for the night etc.
Access top track and destination recommendations directly from Quo
Quo also gives you instant and direct access to WalkingWorld route suggestions and routes, which you can import directly on to your maps in Quo.WalkingWorld provides you with route suggestions, photos, restaurant and sightseeing informations on the route and much more.
WalkingWorld subscribers get direct access to their account, but non-users will still be able to at least enjoy access to short route descriptions.
All of this information can be directly imported to your maps showing you the distances, difficulty levels, different trip suggestions and more. In addition, you can modify these pre-defined routes any way you like, adding your own additional waypoints, combining them or manipulating them in other ways.
Quo then helps you neatly print out all of the important trip information on a Route Card to use as a guide or reminder during your trip.
Lowest OS Digital Map Prices in the UK
For an easy start Mapyx Quo already comes with a totally Free Map of Great Britain (1:1M) for your basic Digital Mapping needs, as well as allowing you to import 3D Google Earth Cards with satelite images of your destinations on top of which you can also overlay the main roads and your route waypoints.
OSM map added to every Quo FREE of charge.
For those with more advanced needs who require Professional Maps, such as 1:25k OS Explorer Maps or 1:50k OS Landranger Maps, Quo provides the Lowest OS Digital Map Prices in the UK. Save up to 60%!
Enjoy the same high-level discounts for any OS Maps you need, including Roadmaps, National Park Maps, Aerial Maps and others.
Use Quo to Decide Which Path to Take
After you've decided where to go, Quo will help you select the optimum track to get there, such as:
- Helping you select an easy track, because you're taking your whole family to the trip and need to adjust the trip difficulty to them or
- Helping you find the most difficult track possible because you want to get ready for that next marathon or something!
Draw your paths point by point and then compare them side by side to see which is the best for your current needs.
Quo will provide you with all information you need for your hiking trip:
- Leg distances, compass bearings and total journey lengths for each of your created routes.
- Check all the hill heights along the way and their elevation profiles to get a feeling for how demanding the journey will be.
- Dynamic route profiles provide you with full route details as you are putting your waypoints on the map, immediately telling you if you might be setting up yourself for a too difficult journey.
- Follow your tracks with a 3D preview to visualize your entire journey.
- Use Aerial photos to see what the terrain really looks like.
Use Aerial Maps to see what your destination and route really look like
Accurately Estimate Your Trip Time
Quo comes with 3 modules to help you estimate the time needed for your journey based on both the route profile and your fitness level.
- Naismith's rule
- Tranter's correction
- Exclusive Quo's rule for even more accuracy
Accurately estimating the time needed for your trip or individual legs of your trip will help you get there on time so that you don't miss anything important (museum opening times, sight-seeing tours, etc.) or get stranded somewhere in the middle of the night.
Quo Will Lead You All the Way
Once you've setup your hiking expedition simply print out your Digital Map s on paper to take with you on your journey, along with your waypoints, comments, additional route information and anything else you need.
Quo makes it easy to print out even larger areas on multiple sheets of paper
Things get even better if you have a GPS device, Pocket PC or a SmartPhone. Simply export your routes into one of these devices and then use them to navigate throughout your hike.
Use these navigational devices to show you the way, show you your current location, and even record your movements to import them back into Quo once your trip is over to analyze your hike.
Your route previewed in a GPS device
Archive and Share Every Little Detail of Your Trip
Once you return from your trip simply upload the tracklogs from your GPS back to your PC to see the actual actual route you took, your walking speed, distance covered, elevation covered and more.
On top of that add your photos, comments, videos and other notes to your hike project file to share with your friends or to use for future trips.
Get Started With Quo Today
Again, Quo is Completely Free of Charge and comes loaded with pre-packed Maps you can play around with. There is absolutely no risk for you so just: Simply Go Quo.